Aug 24, 2011 0
Apr 20, 2010 0
Getting inspired is soooo energising I believe we ALL need in order to keep us sane in this world of rat race everywhere.
My heart palpates, mind goes racing, eyeballs almost pop out when inspirations kick in, and especially so if I find like-minded people whom I can exchange ideas and interact with.
Without motivations like this, my (already super uber duper ordinary) life will only fade into inexistence, and succumb into living like a walking zombie
Only a handful of people I know make me feel like this and I thank them for whatever insights I gain from chatting with them.
Apr 16, 2010 0
Was digging my old files to find a deck to submit for a Presentation Skills workshop to be held held next week, and found a word doc that documents the ingenious ideas (haha!) I came up with when I was a PM at another agency more than 1 year back.
Not only are these ideas NOT a thing of the past, they are still very very much applicable to present social mediascape!
Note: all the below ideas are proprietary and copyrighted.
- FB app to build a village / a city by online users who has chosen to add the app.
- A variety of items (trees, shops, roads, billboards, vehicles etc etc) for users to buy and place wherever they would like to build the village.
- Each item will have a price attached, for which users have to make a real payment for the designated charity at the end of the (1-month) campaign.
- Participated users will automatically qualify for a lucky draw (sponsors).
2) Cosmetics Brands
- Many users are afraid to buy make up over counter as they are not sure how it looks like on their faces. By allowing them to try digitally, they can be assured of the effect they want.
- Microsite with all the makeup as tools at the sidebar
- Eyeliners etc
- Users to upload a front-facing photo of themselves
- Users get to experiment and see how the effect is like by using the different make up on their faces
- Guides /videos at the side to provide makeup tips
3) Telco Operator
- E.g. Starhub
- Objective: To earn hubber points to redeem for more outgoing talktime or free smses or $20 off phone bill OR to complement the roll out of a new product/plan etc
- FB app
- Network marketing concept (‘Tree Diagram’)
- Start a group (Criteria: Only Starhub users who subscribes to all 3 services – cable, mobile, broadband can choose to start a group)
- Recruit as many team members (Starhub subscribers for any services) as possible
- The more team members under a person, the more points the person gets
- The more services subscribed, the more points
- Leaderboard to keep track
- Weekly lucky draw
- Objective: To entice users to switch to Starhub; To create more incentives for existing subscribers to subscribe to more Starhub services.
4) Retail outlets (clothing, shoes, watch etc
- Upload photos of themselves wearing the brand’s item on the microsite
- By online polling system, users get to vote the best looking picture that showcases the item well
- Winner rewarded with $1000 shopping voucher or a year’s free purchases
5) Ministry of Manpower – Social awareness campaign
- Objective: To correct the perception of general public towards foreign workers (background context: Foreign workers dorms)
- Create a microsite with something like a word map – many pieces of post-it notes
- Every single post-it note includes a statement by a foreign worker regarding their lives (such as how glad they are to be working here, what they do on weekends, how they not pose a risk to locals etc)
- E.g. “I love to work in Singapore”
- “Weekends are the only time I meet up with my friends”
- Make it real, make it personal for locals to understand foreigners better
- Comment section for public to leave comments
6) Sentosa New Year’s Eve Party
- Create a microsite for users to fill in their resolutions for next year
- “If there is one thing I want to change about myself, it would be ___________________________________________________________”
- If there’s one thing I want to change about the world, it would be ___________________________________________________________”
- Users get to vote
- Winner gets VIP tickets for 10, free alcohol and party with celebrities